Position: Career Advisor for AUW Afghan Students and Graduates
||Career Advisor for AUW Afghan Students and Graduates
Serve as a liaison for the Colombo Plan Drug Advisory Programme and AUW, providing career counseling and employment opportunity facilitation to AUW’s Afghan students and graduates.
- Act as the key contact person DAP Scholars, DAP Director/Team, Afghan Students and other graduates, and AUW.
- Provide career development and job search counseling to DAP Scholars and other AUW Afghan students and graduates seeking post-graduate employment in a counter narcotics related field and post-fellowship employment in Afghanistan
- Conduct orientations and regular workshops or presentations to Afghan students and graduates
- Craft a detailed plan and disseminate employment and internship opportunities
- Work closely with other AUW members in the planning and coordination of career outreach and programs and events
- Provide regular updates to CDIP and AUWSF engaging AUW in undertaking quarterly conference calls to facilitate communication and ensure that the project is on track
- Resolve challenges on the progress of the project
- Serve as a resource for prospective students from Afghanistan. Help to convey to prospective Afghan students, particularly those residing in insecure regions, about opportunities offered by AUW.
- Assist in other ways that may help strengthen Afghan women’s experience at AUW.
- Help support Afghan students/graduates in securing employment in the private sector both for profit and non-profit sectors in Afghanistan.
- Support Afghan students/graduates in applying to civil service positions in Afghanistan.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in any field; master’s degree or licensure in counseling with an emphasis in career counseling is an advantage; may have a graduate certificate program in career counseling or experience in career and job searches, group counseling, counseling theory, and career development.
Skills Required: Have a passion for helping others and must be able to work with people of all races, ages, and cultural backgrounds; must be ethical, trustworthy, and able to inspire confidence in students. Have a deep understanding and connections with public and private sector employers in Afghanistan.
- Professional working environment.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Group Insurance.
- Other benefits as per AUW HR policy.
Interested applicants should send their CVs along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description and two references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to Chief Operating Officer (COO) through E-mail: at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Posted by Asian University For Women on 3rd oct, 2107