- You can email the AUW psychologist for an appointment or you can visit the Health &Wellness Centre to make an appointment.
- To make an appointment through email, please email counselor and note that all emailswill be addressed during Office hours.
- The Health & Wellness Centre (HWC) is open for 24 hours. If you are experiencing acrisis period and feeling unable to cope, please come at HWC and report to nurse on duty.
*Please note: You may need to leave a message and wait for a representative to call you back.
Confidentiality Statement of Counseling
The AUW counseling process maintains confidentiality by the “Health and Wellness Center” confidentiality policy to protect students’ privacy and the confidentiality of student’s personal information.
- Counselor will collect only the information that may be necessary for students’ carekeeping accurate and up to date records and protection of the data and records.
- If necessary, the counselor will share information with concerned “Dean of StudentsOffice” and “Health and Wellness Center” staffs and/or other healthcare providers,departments and organizations on a “need to know” basis where required for students’ care.
- All information students share with a counselor are kept confidential and will not be released without her consent except as requisite by law or threat.
A counselor is required to disclose confidential information if:
- The counselor believes that particular student may be a threat to herself or others.
- If there may be any incident regarding the court of law, the counselor will contact students, if possible, before releasing any information and will inform students of the proceedings.
- On occasion a counselor may seek a consultation with, or supervision from, another counselor or staff member at the “Dean of students Office” and “Health and Wellness Center” concerning her work with students.