Md. Shahidulla Kaiser, Adjunct Faculty of Development Studies
M.Sc. in Africa and International Development,
The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Md Shahidulla Kaiser is an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Development Studies at the Asian University for Women. He is teaching courses in the field of ‘Development Studies’ since Fall 2013 and coordinating the ‘Development Studies’ minor program at AUW. He is also an Assistant Professor in the department of Public Administration at University of Chittagong, Bangladesh. He holds an MSc in Africa and International Development from the University of Edinburgh, UK where he studied as a Commonwealth Shared Scholar. He also holds an MSS degree in the field of Public Administration from University of Chittagong. He was also engaged with a good number of consultancy works with UNDEF, BRAC and UN Women, among others. Along with his teaching responsibilities at AUW, Kaiser is also working as a ‘Research Associate’ for a project titled ‘Impact of Women’s education and employments on the gender relations of the Muslim families in South Asia’ funded by Ford Foundation.
SOCA2600: Introduction to Development Studies
RCHA 2008: Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in Asia
Development and Post Development; Governance, Gender and Development; Public policy; Social Inclusion and migration
- Amin, S.N., Mostafa, M., Kaiser, M.S., Hossain, F. and Ganepola, V. (2015) ‘Beyond Classroom Experience and Knowledge on Gender: How Field Works can enrich students’ learning and perception?’ In Demos, V. and Segal, M.T. (Eds) Advances in Gender Research, Vol. 20, Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishers Ltd.>
- Kaiser, M.S. (2015) ‘Culture of parliament boycott and the future of parliamentary democracy in Bangladesh’, Himalayan and Central Asia Studies, Vol.19, No.1-2, pp. 37-54
- Kaiser, M.S., Doullah, S.U. and Noor, S. (2014) ‘Do the empowerment programmes actually empower women?’ Asian Journal of Social Science and Humanities, Vol.3, No.2, pp1-10
Peer reviewed journal articles (Under review):
- Kaiser, M.S. (2017) ‘Are the poor rural host populations ‘hidden losers’ in all the refugee situations? The Journal of Social Inclusion, (The Griffith University Press, Australia)
- Kaiser, MS and others (Forthcoming) ‘Men’s view of gender equality and women’s empowerment: Evidence from four South Asian countries’, The paper is now being finalized for submitting in a peer review journal. It has been presented in three international conferences in Turkey, Hong Kong and Japan.
- Kaiser, M.S. (2012) Development approaches: Bottom-up vs top-down’, The Daily Star, 4 October. ( available at http://archive.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=252290 )
- Kaiser, M.S. (2012) What next after MDG? The Daily Star, 14 October (available at http://archive.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=253661 )