Lawyer and physician Dr. Dipu Moni has been elected to be the new Chairwoman of the AUW Board of Trustees. Dr. Moni has previously served as a Trustee.
Other changes to the Board include Sheikha Al-Misnad, a former Trustee and former president of Qatar University, who will now serve as vice-chairperson. International lawyer and partner of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley and McCloy Young Joon-Kim and Kapil Jain, partner of Ernst and Young, will continue in their roles of secretary and treasurer, respectively.
New members of the Board of Trustees include:
- Professor Nirmala Rao, pro-rector of School of Oriental and African Studies in London
- Rubana Huq, managing director of Mohammadi Group in Bangladesh
- Meenakshi Gopinath, former principal of Lady Shri Ram College in New Delhi
- Lale Kasebi, chief communication officer and head of Strategic Engagement at Li and Fung in Hong Kong
- Lynne Anne Davis, president and senior partner, Fleishmann Hillard Asia Pacific in Hong Kong