Position: Takeda Chair in Public Health ( AY2018-2020 )
The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for a full-time faculty position as Takeda Chair in Public Health, for start in August 2018.
As an established international institution and renowned for its mission in educating young women from various backgrounds, AUW believes that the Takeda Chair will enable the University to build on its strengths, enhance its links with global Public Health institutes and continue to foster mutual exchange of ideas and innovations in the discipline. The Chair will lead the Public Health program, contribute to new course and program developments, build upon cross-faculty synergies, and facilitate conferences and seminars to bring together academics, policy makers and practitioners. The position is established through a prestigious grant from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, Japan.
Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a liberal arts institution, including an international faculty and home to over 700 students from 15 countries in Asia and the Middle East. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at http://www.auw.edu.bd.
|Fields of expertise:
||Public health issues arising out of demographic and disease transition; public health challenges including disease prevention and health promotion, smart organizational and financial re-engineering to support the complex public health needs of the population in developing countries; sexual and reproductive health; occupational health and safety. Ability to develop programs to train leaders to engage with public health problems in the Asian sub-continent.
||August 19, 2018; 2-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
||Salary negotiable, based on rank and experience;
Benefits: deferred compensation; accommodation, annual travel, international health insurance;
Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
- Doctoral degree in Public Health or related fields from an internationally recognized university.
- Evidence of continued engagement with the field, teaching and research excellence.
The Takeda Chair in Public Health will:
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Provide academic leadership and develop teaching, research and program-based activities in public health to advance scientific evidence and shape public health policy and practice.
- Collaborate nationally and internationally, to develop innovative and effective solutions to capacity building and address threats to public health issues.
- Design the AUW public health program to offer expertise in a range of methodologies, including epidemiology and statistics, quantitative and qualitative research, participatory methods, systematic reviews and evaluation.
- Collaborate with, and facilitate, guest lectures and visiting professors of public health from other parts of the world as key to developing and supporting multi-disciplinary approaches to public health.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students with public health major and minor.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in public health research using biostatistical and epidemiologic methods.
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and the names of three references, as either MS Word or PDF files, to the Human Resources Office, Asian University for Women at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: Open.
Date updated: April, 2018
Posted by Asian University For Women on 2nd April, 2018