Position: Deputy Director, External Affairs and Estate Management
||As soon as possible
||Assistant (as necessary)
||20 January, 2018
The Deputy Director, External Affairs and Estate Management, operating under the guidance of AUW senior management, will be responsible for all kinds of procedure and approval required from Bangladesh government (GOB) and non government offices/agencies relating to land mutation and land registration, construction of campus. He will also be responsible for issuance of visa, work permits and other authorizations relating to international staff, faculty and students. This position is critical to maintain AUW’s relations with various offices/agencies of Bangladesh Government and Non Government organizations. He will be the primary contact point between AUW and different ministries/agencies of GOB. Some of his responsibilities are including but not limited to the following:
- Assist AUW Management in maintaining relations with all Government and non Government organizations/agencies.
- Follow up any issue initiated from AUW.
- Manage all AUW land and construction related issues with various departments/agencies of the government in an ongoing manner.
- Lead AUW team regarding all visa and security clearance issues for foreign faculty and staff member.
- Ensure to obtain Work Permit from Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) for foreign faculty and staff.
- Pursue the process of security clearance in the Ministry of Home Affairs, National Security Intelligence and Special Branch of Police.
- Pursue cooperation from Bangladesh Missions in case of visa for AUW’s foreign students, staff, faculties and guests.
- Pursue for GOB clearance for students’ scholarship (for applicable cases).
- Support in drafting necessary Government official letters.
- Support AUW student academic transcript/ certificate attestation from Ministries and Embassies.
- Arrange all necessary protocol for Higher Officials of AUW and VIP guests.
- Assist in Custom Clearing formalities as and when necessary.
- Set up appointments for meeting with Ministry and other External Officials as required.
- Ensure proper documentation and possession of all AUW land and estate.
The incumbent must be familiar with government work process and have experience in successfully managing results. S/he must be adept in diplomatic ways of dealing and efficient in communications both in Bangla and in English.
Other desired requirements are:
- Dynamic, self motivated with high interpersonal skills.
- Ability and competency to work efficiently with the high ranking Government Officials.
- Good knowledge on Government rules and regulations.
- Knowledge on national and internal protocols maintained in different Government Offices.
- Knowledge on land and estate management.
- Minimum Masters Degree from a reputed university.
- Candidates with previous experience on similar activities will be given preference.
Competence, capacity for hard work and personal integrity as demonstrated by his or her record of past accomplishments and reputation for ethical conduct are essential. Persons requiring extensive supervision need not apply.
- Professional & multicultural working environment.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Group Insurance.
- Other benefits as per AUW HR policy.
Interested applicants should send their CVs along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description and two references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to Director of HR through E-mail: at email@example.com. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Posted by Asian University For Women on 24 the december, 2017