Position: Faculty Position in Public Health
The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for a full-time faculty position in Public Health to begin in July 2018. Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a liberal arts institution, including an international faculty and home to over 600 students from 16 Asian countries. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at http://www.auw.edu.bd.
|Field of expertise:
||Public Health, Global Health Challenges, Biostatistics, Data Analysis, Nutrition for Health, Regional Challenges in Public Health, with a focus on relevance to Asia.
||Ranging from Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
||July 1, 2018; 1-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
||Starting at USD 26,000 – 40,000 per annum (based on rank);
Benefits: accommodation, annual travel, health insurance;
Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
- Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology or Public Health from a recognized university.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills using statistical packages: STATA, SPSS or R.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with others through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students with public health major and minor.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in public health research using biostatistical and epidemiologic methods
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirement: six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach: Introduction to Public Health, Global Health Challenges, Principles of Biostatistics, Data Analysis, and Nutrition for Health.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and the names of three references, as either MS Word or PDF files, to Mr. Rafiqul Haque, Assistant Director of HR & Services, Asian University for Women (email@example.com).
Application deadline: February 28, 2018.
Posted by Asian University For Women on 12th December, 2107