Position: Faculty Position in Biology
The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for a full-time faculty position in Biology to begin in July 2018. Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a liberal arts institution, including an international faculty and home to over 600 students from 16 Asian countries. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at http://www.auw.edu.bd.
|Field of expertise:
||Molecular Biology/Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry and Genetics. The ability to teach bio-diversity is also highly desired, with a focus on relevance to Asia.
||Ranging from Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
||July 1, 2018; 1-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
||Starting at USD 26,000 – 40,000 per annum (based on rank);
Benefits: accommodation, annual travel, health insurance;
Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
- Ph.D. in Biology.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with others through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students across all levels, including courses in pre-University level, Core Curriculum and upper level.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in research.
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirement: six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach: General Biology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genes & Genomes, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Environmental Microbiology, Forensic Science.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and the names of three references, as either MS Word or PDF files, to Mr. Rafiqul Haque, Assistant Director of HR & Services, Asian University for Women (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: February 28, 2018.
Posted by Asian University For Women on 12th December, 2107