Position: Staff Nurse
||Health and Wellness Center (HWC)
||Both Superintendent of Nurse and Director of HWC
||As soon as possible
||November 27, 2017
The position of Staff Nurse is of great importance not only to the well being of the Asian University for Women’s students, staff and faculty but also to the functioning of the HWC. This position works cooperatively with other nursing staff, counseling staff and the consultant doctor in fulfilling the responsibilities and duties listed in position particulars.
Clinic Duty Schedule:
Together with other nursing staff, organize coverage for the following shifts:
- Shift 1: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Shift 2: 3:00pm – 10:00pm
- Shift 3: 9:30pm – 9:00am
- Weekends: 9am – 9:00pm clinic duty, 24 hours on-call
- Weekday holidays: 9am – 9:00pm clinic duty, 24 hours on-call
Nursing Care and Consultation:
Work independently in providing care and consultation, but also recognize when further nursing, medical, counseling attention is required, and facilitate referral when appropriate.
- Perform thorough nursing assessment and history taking.
- Give prevention advice and provide treatment as necessary.
- Dispense non-prescription medicine.
- Document all care/medicine given.
- Accompany individuals for outside appointments/diagnostics where necessary, including over-night hospital stays when required.
- Develop care-plans for individuals with ongoing health issues, or who visit the health center frequently.
- Log/record all nursing consultations for students and staff/faculty.
- Maintain of individual patient files, care-plans.
- Medicine inventory with quarterly auditing.
Health education, training, capacity building:
- Prepare materials for and participate in conducting health education/promotion workshops, campaigns, activities.
- Participate in trainings for Student Health Assistant (SHA) employees.
- Mentor and update SHAs in clinical and health education/promotion activities.
- Participate in monthly education session for nursing staff.
Other clinic activities:
- Student health screening of admission medical forms.
- Coordinate and participate in Annual student Physical Examinations.
- Conducting annual vaccination program for all new entry students.
- Participate in HWC team meetings.
Specific Duties of Staff Nurse:
- SHA coordination:
- Assist superintendent of Nurse in overseeing logistics and curriculum of trainings.
- Responsible for communication, notifications.
- Quality control officer:
- Maintain equipment and instruments in clean, working order.
- Research new or unfamiliar nursing/health topics of relevance and share them with HWC team to support evidence based nursing practice.
- Diploma/B.Sc. in Nursing from Govt. /any recognized Institute and at least two year related experience.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Professional oral and written communication skills; must be able to interact and communicate effectively not only with culturally diverse patients, but also with individuals at all levels of the institution with tact and diplomacy, and with a high level of cultural sensitivity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft – Excel, Word.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Professional & multicultural working environment.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Group Insurance.
- Other benefits as per AUW HR policy.
Interested applicants should send their CVs along with Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description and two references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to Director of HR through E-mail: at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Posted by Asian University For Women on 11th November, 2107