Position: GRE Fellows
The Asian University for Women (AUW), located in Chittagong, Bangladesh, invites applications for full-time volunteer fellows to provide GRE preparatory seminars for its graduating students.Motivated individualswho have experience in the Graduate Records Examination, and other ETS examinations – through previous training and engagement with training of test-takers – will be selected for a one-year fellowship beginning in January 2018
The AUW Fellows Program is designed to place volunteers interested in supporting the mission of AUW and its academic and administrative programs in significant teaching and academic support positions at AUW, in order for them to gain valuable experience. GRE Fellow positions are open to applicants who hold a Master’s degree or a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience. GRE Fellows will tutor and support AUW’s Undergraduate students as they prepare to take the GRE General Test.
AUW volunteer fellows will reside at AUW for a semester or one year period from January 2018. Following an orientation program after arrival, including training in cultural, administrative and pedagogical aspects relevant to the Fellows’ activities, GRE Fellows will offer tutoring sessions, office hours, and workshops to support students as they prepare for the GRE. Fellows should be comfortable presenting and teaching both relevant material as well as study and test-taking techniques.
AUW Fellows will receive a monthly stipend, shared housing, meals at the AUW cafeteria, free local transportation to and from the University, and regional health insurance (excluding coverage in the US). AUW Fellows are also provided with one round-trip air ticket from the closest major airport to Chittagong, Bangladesh, in the most direct and economic route.
Qualifications and Experience:
AUW seeks motivated individuals interested in acquiring experience in an academic environment and institutional operations, and who are flexible and can operate without extensive supervision.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university OR Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- Specific relevant expertise, e.g., TOEFL or TESOL training, or experience in a relevant discipline or administrative area.
- GRE or other relevant tutoring experience and strong familiarity with the GRE General Test.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, religious and cultural backgrounds of an international community.
- Ability to be flexible with work assignments and work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Understanding of the challenges of working in Bangladesh.
- Cover letter stating your specific experience in GRE preparation support, describing your potential contribution based on academic training and life experiences (1 page).
- Resume (2 pages).
- Copy of university transcripts.
- Names of two referees.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a Cover Letter to: Director of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your surname and the position in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Posted: November 2017
Posted by Asian University For Women on 9th November, 2107