Position: Economics & Finance ( 2018 )
The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for a full-time faculty position in the Economics Undergraduate Program / Finance Minor, to begin in January 2018. Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a liberal arts institution, including an international faculty and home to over 600 students from 16 Asian countries. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at http://www.auw.edu.bd.
|Field of expertise:
||Economics & Finance, with a focus on core discipline courses, as well as Banking & Finance, International Banking, Finance, International Trade, and Management/Entrepreneurship; commitment to interdisciplinarity and relevance to developing Asian countries. Applicants from any area of competence and specialization in Economics/Finance will be considered.
||Ranging from Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
||January 7, 2018; 1-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
||Starting at USD 26,000 – 40,000 per annum (based on rank);
Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
Benefits: accommodation, annual travel, health insurance;
- Doctoral degree in Economics & Finance, or related field, from a recognized university.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills using statistical packages.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with others through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students with Economics major and Finance minor, as well as Development Studies minor.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in research.
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirement: six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach: Finance, Banking and Finance, Money and Banking, Labor Economics, Regional Challenges, Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting; Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, International Trade.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, teaching statement, research statement and the names of three references, as either MS Word or PDF files to Mr. Rafiqul Haque, Human Resources, Asian University for Women (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: October 31, 2017.
Posted by Asian University For Women on 11th oct, 2107